Geek Girl Boot Camp Cape Cod 2011
Saturday, March 19, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
West Barnstable, MA
Come one, Come all, to the greatest tech conference for Geek Girls of them all!
What is it?
Geek Girl Boot Camps are technology "unconferences" for women of all ages and knowledge levels where you can go to take classes on everything to do with computers, PC and Mac, Social Media, marketing, consumer electronics, software, Photoshop, blogging, podcasting, digital photography, and more.
- Admission to all workshops - space allowances per room
- Admission to Discussion Groups on Various Topics
- Geek Girl Help Desk - All day Expert Help Desk, questions and answers, on everything tech; Mac and PC, software and hardware, email and Internet, Web Browsers and Social Media. The all day Help Desk will feature a library of O'Reilly Media tech books
- Access to some of the finest experts in their fields
- Huge Schwag bag full of goodies to take home
- A Geek Girl Boot Camp tshirt - be the envy of everyone!
- Great raffle gifts like iPods, printers and gift baskets
- Phenomenal Networking and Support Groups
- Cocktail Reception
- and Lots More!
Who should attend?
Anyone woman, from young and old, who needs help with technology!
Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced
Entrepreneurs, employees, business owners, teachers, home businesses, consultants, stay at home Moms, women in transition, artists, non-profits, organizations, students, realtors, bankers, financial advisors, lawyers, PR, marketing/advertising, small business owners and (insert your job here!)
Your Mom! Your Grandmother! Your Daughter! Any woman you feel would benefit from the experience!
- If you are a beginner just learning how to use computers, the Internet, digital cameras and more!
- If you are an intermediate and know how to use a computer, but want to know more for your company or for fun!
- If you are advanced, but want help on marketing your website, blog, podcast, social media skills and more!
What Are you Going to Learn? All levels of:
- Social Media - How to use Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn like a pro!
- How to make your own Social Media Community
- Learning how to make your Non-profit grow and succeed online with Social Media and Fundraising
- Tools for Non-profits
- How to start an online marketing and social media campaign for your service business: Perfect for contractors, real estate agents, small companies, Ma and Pa shops, entrepreneurs, consultants, coaches, home-based businesses
- How to Diagnose my Computer
- Becoming Proficient on my PC!
- Becoming Proficient on my Mac!
- Dreamweaver, HTML and websites
- How to create and utilize a Database
- QuickBooks Instruction for my Small Business
- Understanding my iPhone
- How to use iTunes
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Digital Photography
- Graphic Design
- All about Google! Google Search, Analytics, Docs and more
- Video - How to shoot, market your video and what video cameras are for me?
- Wordpress and Content Management Systems
- Podcasting - What is it, is it for me and how do I get started?
- Blogging - Steps from getting a domain name, to setting up a blog, adding comments and marketing it - all in ONE day!
Just a Thought:
Donate a Scholarship to a Student or Women in Need! This is a wonderful way to "Pay it Forward" - You can stay anonymous or we can post your name on the website.
Continuing Ed credits for teachers may be applied - find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE