GDC13: Navigating New Choices
Friday, May 17, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The 2013 Global Donors Conference will be held on Friday, May 17 at the
Northwest African American Museum.
GDC13 is the best opportunity for you to come together with peers to be provoked, learn from best and new practices, and make local connections that can inform and inspire your own vision for global giving.
Visit www.globaldonorsconference.org for more information and updates on the conference agenda, speakers and sponsors!
Program highlights include:
6-8 minute “Quick Talks” to explore current and emerging philanthropic models relevant for individual, family foundation and other global donors.
Open Space is organized around a focal theme or question. The theme for this open space will be: How can we apply new strategies for philanthropy in our global giving? Goals for these sessions will be to:
- form connections to other people and initiatives or projects;
- create awareness of new opportunities;
- learn learning from the experiences of other donors;
- brainstorm strategies for applying new ideas, such impact investing, social enterprise, etc. and
- develop knowledge of the landscape and language of social enterprise, and its potential.
The final session of the day will be a panel of experienced philanthropists and thinkers reflecting on how to negotiate and navigate through the many new choices in philanthropic practice.
The day will conclude with a reception to continue to meet, talk and share perspectives!
For more information, visit www.globaldonorsconference.org.