GCEH 2012 Homelessness Awareness Conference
Jefferson City, MO
The Governor's Committee to End Homelessness (GCEH) invites you to attend the 2012 Homelessness Awareness Conference "Building Blocks to End Homelessness in Missouri" in Jefferson City, MO. Conference workshops are on November 14th and 15th. The conference registration is FREE and includes a variety of workshops and materials. A boxed lunch will be provided on Thursday for $8.00. A preliminary agenda can be found here.
Confirmed Conference Workshops Include:
- Partnering with Public Housing Authorities, Katrina Valkenburg, Corporation for Supportive Housing
- HEARTH Regulations, Jennifer Miller and Marlene Shriver, Missouri Housing Development Commission
- Landlord/Tenant Law and General Housing Information, Jackie Langum, Legal Services
- Serving Veterans Experiencing Homelessness, Katie Burnham-Wilkins, Veterans Administration
- Using Data for Performance Improvement, Liz Gebhart and Lindsay Wallace, Missouri Association for Social Welfare
Register today at the top of the page. GCEH online registration accepts American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover if you wish to purchase a boxed lunch on Thursday. The lunch will be catered from Subway and includes a selection of sandwiches, chips, fruit, and tea or water.
**Please note that you must pre-order and pre-pay for a boxed lunch. You may not purchase one upon arrival.
If your organization is interested in setting up an information booth at the event, please register at the top of the page. Tables are FREE of charge. Organizations utilizing tables must be present from 1pm to 5pm on November 14th and from 8:30am to 3pm on November 15th. Access to set up for the event is available starting at 12pm on November 14th.
GCEH Homelessness Awareness Conference Highlights:
· Annual Poster Contest Recognition for Head Start, Elementary, Middle/Junior High School, and High School
· Listen to formerly homeless individuals and families tell their stories and leave with a better understanding of homelessness at the Faces of Homelessness Speakers’ Panel
· Participate in hands-on interactive workshops that will focus on new information and strategies to improve the homeless service delivery system
· Take advantage of opportunities to network and share ideas, problem solve, and address unmet needs with other service providers and community stakeholders
Area Hotel Information:
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Baymont Inn and Suites
Capitol Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
Parking is available for visitors in Lots 1A, 1B, 13A, and 13. Click here for a capitol complex parking map.
You can receive upcoming conference information and important GCEH news by visiting the GCEH website at www.mo-ich.org.
We look forward to seeing you in November!
Thank you to Eagle Bank & Trust, Missouri Head Start State Collaboration Office, Ameren MO, and MASW’s Central Chapter for sponsorship of this event!
201 W Capitol Ave
Missouri Governor's Committee to End Homelessness
The GCEH was established by Executive Order in 1987 by Governor John Ashcroft and is charged with raising awareness about homelessness issues in Missouri as well as advocating for housing and homelessness service needs through resource collaboration.
Vision and Mission