[ Illustration by Jennifer Schmidt ]
- WHAT: Gaultierize Yourself! Jean Paul Gaultier Inspired Fashion Installation at de Young Museum's Friday Nights Relaunch
- WHEN: March 30, 2012, Friday, 6pm
- WHERE: Wilsey Court/ de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, SF
- RSVP @ Walk in and enjoy our public programs free!
- --- To view the permanent collection or the special exhibition, tickets are required.https://tickets.famsf.org/public/
- More details at: http://deyoung.famsf.org/deyoung/calendar/wilsey-court-djs-plus-dbootie
Gaultierize Yourself! An orchestration of professional backstage talent wranglers await, thanks to our collaborating partners: Gregangelo and Velocity Circus, Atelier Emmanuel, San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance & Owen Geronimo, Monique Jenkinson (aka Fauxnique), Atelier Petrushka—and you!
- 6:00–8:00 p.m.: DJs A plus D/ Bootie will get the party going, playing music from the last four decades, merging and mashing tunes that celebrate Jean Paul Gaultier’s fascinating career, including Madonna, Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue, and beyond. The pros in black will guide fashionistas, the sculpted models will “wow” visitors and lend inspiration, sailors will escort the models on to the modeling platform—and much more!
- 7:00–8:00 p.m.: Models will be dressed in public in designs created by Amanda Chan, Audrey Szeto, Jennifer Schmidt, and Mariya Milovidova, organized by the San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance and curated by Owen Geronimo.....Petrushka of Atelier Petrushka will be ready to adorn visitors with a touch of color and pizazz as you wait for your turn on the catwalk.
- 8:00–8:45 p.m.: We invite everyone to join the de Young catwalk. Artist Fellow Monique Jenkinson (aka Fauxnique) leads the ranks.
- Gregangelo and Velocity Circus @ http://gregangelo.com/
- Atelier Emmanuel @ http://www.atelieremmanuel.com/
- San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance @ http://sffamainc.org/ and Owen Geronimo @ http://about.me/owengeronimo
- Monique Jenkinson (aka Fauxnique) @ http://deyoung.famsf.org/deyoung/artist-in-residence/
- Atelier Petrushka @ http://www.atelierdesigners.com/
- De Young Museum, Community Programs @ http://deyoung.famsf.org/deyoung/artistfellows