Gary Hoover Art of Enterprise Course Sept-Nov 2011 Austin
Wednesday, September 7, 2011 from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM (CDT)
The Art of Enterprise – A Course in Entrepreneurial Thinking
In September 2011, I will again begin another session of my course in entrepreneurial thinking, entitled “The Art of Enterprise.” This will be the fourth time I have taught a version of this course; to see what those who took the course thought of it, see http://hooversworld.com/archives/3744?day=Tuesday. For a short video describing the course, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG7XZGofa-c.
The course takes place every Wednesday evening from 5:30 to 9:30 PM for ten or eleven weeks, at the new Tech Ranch location, 9111 Jollyville Road (Suite 100), in Northwest Austin near 183, MoPac, and 360 (Capital of Texas Highway).
The first class is free, and I will give it twice: once at 5:30 PM on Wednesday evening, September 7, and again at 1:00 PM on Saturday, September 10. This will give you the chance to see if the class is right for you. Like the other classes, this will last about 4 hours. You will not be bored. If you like what you see, the first of 9 regular classes takes place the following week, Wednesday, September 14, at 5:30. The fee for the full course is $1250, payable by cash, check, or credit card (via PayPal).
Who are some of the people this course is for?
· Anyone who wants to understand how entrepreneurs think.
· Anyone who wants to become a more active and incisive learner.
· Anyone who is thinking about starting a business or non-profit organization.
· Anyone who wants to bring entrepreneurial thinking and leadership to an existing organization.
· Anyone who wants to promote, support, or teach entrepreneurship.
What are some of the topics covered in the course?
· How entrepreneurial thinking works, how entrepreneurs think and how they continually learn.
· How entrepreneurs know what is important by understanding their context: where they are geographically, where they are in time and how they relate to trends, and how they and their idea fit into the broader economy.
· How entrepreneurs take this entrepreneurial thinking and convert it to innovative ideas.
· How to see opportunity all around you, all the time. See and combine ideas that no one else does.
· How to evaluate those opportunities, how to understand yourself so you know which ideas you are most likely to succeed at.
· How to become an expert about any industry or competitor quickly and efficiently.
· How to develop the confidence to proceed.
· How to think about finance, marketing, management, and culture entrepreneurially.
If you want to know more about me and my life as a student of business and entrepreneur, there is plenty of information here: http://hooversworld.com/gary-hoover. The Hooversworld blog also contains my posts. If you want to see me “in action,” check out these diverse videos: http://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mccombs-today/gary-hoover-video-library/ or just google “YouTube Hooverbits.” (This course is offered by me in my Hoover Academy, and has no connection with the University of Texas, where I served as Entrepreneur-in-Residence during the 2009-10 school year.)
If you have any additional questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bring your friends to the free classes – I look forward to seeing you!
When & Where
Student of Business, Serial Entrepreneur, and Teacher of Entrepreneurial Thinking