GAMES@CODAME (May 1)
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
As part of CODAME ART-TECH Festival program. GAMES@CODAME covers all aspects of a building Multi Platform Games in Flash, HTML5 and Native Applications. This is a gaming group located and hosted in San Francisco focused and aim to involve audience and speakers at the national level.
[6:30 - 7:00]
Pizza, Beers & Mingle
Each session is of 30 min each + Q&A
[7:00 - 7:30]
A Trick of Light with David Lenaerts (aka @DerSchmale)
Modeling how light travels through a 3D scene is one of the most essential and exciting tasks in creating a realistic looking settings. In this session, we'll explore the world of 3D and shader programming in as much a platform independent way as possible, so you can apply the techniques whether you're into Stage3D, WebGL, OpenGL, DirectX or cave painting. More ...
[7:45 - 8:15]
Eight Elements To A Successful Game with Carlos Icaza (@CarlosIcaza)
What makes a game successful?
While there is no magic elixir as to what makes a game a success. I have seen a series of elements that most successful games have and in Cookie Monster lingo, here is the Letter E for the key elements to a successful game
- The game must be engaging.
- The game must be entertaining.
- The game must be enjoyable.
- The game must be elastic.
- The game must be expandable.
- You must game must expose the user to other players.
- A game starts in an endemic area.
- A game, once it reaches mass appeal, it becomes an epidemic. It is viral and at this point unstoppable.
[8:30 - 9:00]
Open Mic. 10 min. presentations from the Audience
At GAMES@CODAME we value audience interaction and encourage participation. Bring your laptop, device and yoiur code or game to demo, given time is available come up on stage.
[9:15 - 9:30]
Q&A with Adobe
[9:30 - closing bar]
Drinks with the San Francisco Creative Coders
We'll continue for drinks at the Mars bar on 7th & Brannan
When & Where
Nonprofit events to Play, Celebrate & Inspire through experience.
We build immersive, engaging, out of the ordinary experiences by:
- Playing together with artists, coders, designers, game developers, creators, performers and musicians.
- Celebrating creativity by building magic-inspiring experiences that combine art with technology.
- Inspiring individuals, entrepreneurs, innovators, startups and companies by injecting creativity into their lives and organizations.
… and more than 100 amazing artists and volunteers…
/// ADOPT US