GAMES@CODAME is a bi-monthly event covering all aspects of building Multiplatform Games in Flash, HTML5 & Native. This is a gaming group for game designers, developers and artists, located and hosted in San Francisco, focused and aim to involve audience and speakers at the national level as part of the CODAME ART-TECH Festival program. The events are also live streamed.
[6:30 - 7:00]
Pizza, Beers & Mingle
Each session is of 30 min each + Q&A
[7:00 - 7:30]
Alec McEachran, Lead Software Engineer at Kabam, introducing Entity Systems.
An increasingly popular way of organizing game code that was originally developed by the console gaming industry. Entity Systems can help you build games more quickly and elegantly, just as the enterprise and web world uses MVC.
Find out how Entity Systems can:
• help you produce highly modular, low-complexity code;
• produce high-performance code;
• integrate with other frameworks for the main game shell;
• tweak gameplay and build levels within the runtime.
[7:45 - 8:15]
Starling Framework “Insider Tips”
Daniel Sperl, Framework Architect of Starling, an Open Source Game Engine for Flash.
Starling is a pure ActionScript 3 library that mimics the conventional Flash display list architecture. In contrast to conventional display objects, however, all content is rendered directly by the GPU — providing a rendering performance unlike anything before. This is made possible by Flash's "Stage3D" technology.
You can find more about Daniel and Starling here
[8:30 - 9:00]
Open Mic. 10 min. presentations from the Audience
At GAMES@CODAME we value audience interaction and encourage participation. Bring your laptop, device and your code or game to show your work. If interested please contact us.
[9:15 - 9:30]
Game Development Resource Library on the Adobe Developer Connection
[9:30 - closing bar]
Drinks with the San Francisco Creative Coders
We'll continue for drinks at the Mars bar on 7th & Brannan
When & Where
Nonprofit events to Play, Celebrate & Inspire through experience.
Embracing innovation through creativity, play, and collaboration between artists and technologists.
Less talks, create more and get more impact. We build immersive, engaging, out of the ordinary experiences by:
- Playing together with artists, coders, designers, game developers, creators, performers and musicians.
- Celebrating creativity by building magic-inspiring experiences that combine art with technology.
- Inspiring individuals, entrepreneurs, innovators, startups and companies by injecting creativity into their lives and organizations.
… and more than 100 amazing artists and volunteers…
/// ADOPT US