Game Demo Night
Monday, December 10, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Hi everyone. We are happy to announce Demo Day - a joint event by your very own Game Dojos along with GameFounders, who have traveled all the way from Europe. Start-up teams from around the world will be demoing and pitching their respective video games for fellow developers, publishers, and investors.
Developers: If you would like to learn more about game pitches you may simply attend or if you would like opportunity to demo your games please feel free to contact us. We have one to two pitch spots maximum left however we can expand the space for demo tables. This is also simply an opportunity to learn by observing others pitch as well as network.
Publishers/Platforms: A place to see what some local and European game teams are creating, many with the added guidance and support of accelerators. Feel free to offer your own advice and guidance.
Investors: A convenient local opportunity to chat with some serious and dedicated developer teams from around the world and the current trends. Feel free to offer advice and pointers on pitching to investors like yourself.
GameFounders is Europe's first gaming accelerator and has been featured in
Food and drink will be provided and everything is free. TechCrunch, GamesBeat, Gamasutra, and the Wall Street Journal. They offer over 70 gaming gurus, CEOs, and developers as mentors. Not only do they have access to networks of gaming contacts they also have access to gaming investment funds, VCs, and Angels.
Some of the teams currently listed as coming from over seas are:
- BAD SEED (http://www.sheepup.com/, http://www.badseedentertainment.com/): seven former Ubisoft employees from Italy decided to move forward and start creating their own games. Their new startup is working on a cool portfolio - they have already published a perspective changing iOS game Sheep Up! and are working on a couple of new titles, one of which is already at a playable demo stage.
- GLOWFORTH (http://www.glowforth.com/): three young specialists from Holland are creating a new kind of single player co-op game with mesmerizing graphics. The startup will demo their game at the demo days, but the teaser video shows off the style:http://glowforth.com/index.php/archives/890 .
- PLAN B LABS (http://thinkinvisible.com/, http://planblabs.net/): four young enthusiasts from Hungary, who have a different vision on how languages should be learned while having fun doing it. The product will be launched by the demo days, but Testflight demo is available, request frommailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- BAILA (http://baila.ee): games get the party going! It is an Estonian board game company ruling the offline game charts in Estonia with their range of party games. The startup has developed a mobile game to complement the offline games and is also moving the offline sales to larger markets.
- MIND ON GAMES (http://www.manager-mania.com/): two gamers and football fans from Argentina are bringing their passion to a football manager browser game. The startup has made some deals for user acquisition and dramatically raised the user retention rate.
- AKIRA MOBILE (http://www.akira.lt/, http://demo.planera.net/): Three gaming professionals from Lithuania have managed to grab eye-popping user numbers in two small markets of Latvia and Lithuania. The startup just launched in Poland and we are anxiously waiting to see what's going to happen when these guys enter larger markets!
Some of our local teams include:
- SHINY SHOE (http://shinyshoe.com/): Founded in 2011, Shiny Shoe is composed of three industry veterans who are building core gamer focused multiplayer mobile games. Theirfirst game, OFFWORLD, a giant mech battler, has an overall 4.5-star rating on both OSand Android. They are now building two new games. OFFWORLD Gameplay Video can be found here.
- WEST TURN (Carnegie Mellon University) (http://www.etc.cmu.edu/projects/west-turn/): Aliens, trains, and turbo-boosting trucks. Cactuses, explosive barrels, and an epic sandstorm. Come experience the exhilaration that is Highway Alpha, a car racing game developed by WestTurn, featuring the latest in mobile networking technologies using Bluetooth. Fire your engines... engage your boosters... BLAST OFF!
- PLEXXR - not an official company, but rather two brothers: Scott and Adam Rossi. Scott is a UI/Interactive designer and Adam is a music producer, sound designer, and recording engineer. Together they created the first version of PLEXXR in 2010, which was featured in Apple's New and Notable section of the App Store, was cited in Gizmodo, and recieved an award of Best Art in the 2010 IndiePub Mobile Games Competition. They are now working on a sequel, PLEXXR 2.
More info on demos and teams forthcoming.
For more information about Game Dojos please visit:
For more information about GameFounders please visit:
Interested in space for your company or start-up in San Francisco's SoMa district see: