Futures of Unconventional Narrative Conference (FUN) Beta
Friday, May 20, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Games + Stories = FUN
The Futures of Unconventional Narrative Conference (FUN) Beta presented by the UW Bothell Center for Serious Play and aided by the Game Design Association, a locally based consortium of game designers committed to the craft of game content creation, explores the increasingly rich intersection between games and stories.
FUN Beta, which will be held in the Center for Serious Play’s innovative work- play space, comprises two tracks of activities running simultaneously and will feature some of the region’s top game designers and interactive narrative gurus.
1:00PM - Keynote Speakers
- Jordan Weisman (CEO, Go Go Kiddo)
- Brian Tinsman (Lead Game Designer, Zynga)
- Narrative Design Track - Geoffrey Long (Narrative Design Producer, Microsoft)
- Game Design Track - Nik Davidson (Founder, Critical Hit Consulting)
- Narrative Design Track - James Ernest (President, Cheapass Games)
- Game Design Track - Tom LaPille (Game Designer, Wizards of the Coast)
- Narrative Design Track - Christopher Taylor (CEO/Creative Director, Gas Powered Games)
- Game Design Track - Erin Hoffman (Game Designer, Zynga)
4:15PM - Jeopardy Panel
5:00PM - Reception
“This event is a great example of how the Center for Serious Play fosters open communication between game and narrative professionals, educators and students in the Puget Sound area,” according to Center for Serious Play Director Wanda Gregory.
Following the workshop will be a reception and the opportunity to play games with some of the presenters. The event is free and open to the public, but reservations are required due to space limitations.
When & Where
Center for Serious Play
- Building research collaborations across programs
- Providing opportunities for dissemination of research
- Attracting graduate students
- Generating financial resources
- Providing space and equipment resources