After delivering the new Fundamentals of Turnaround Management program to several clients on-site, WTMC will begin holding open enrollment training classes. Our Fundamentals program is a five day program and will be held at the WTMC Training Center in Houston, Texas. Fundamentals of Turnaround Management is the first of our entirely new programs to be offered and will become the industry standard for training. We are excited to hold these first two classes so that we can train The People You Count On!
To provide Planners with a broad overview of the planning/project management activities of a successful T/A.
- T/A Phases & Deliverables
- Project Management Skills
- Cost Estimating Process & Skills
- Fundamentals of Planning/Scheduling
- Specific Primavera Training
- Contracts Management & Control
- Information & Interface Management
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS
Anyone who is involved in the turnaround process, whether directly or in a supporting role, will benefit from participating in the Fundamentals of Turnaround Management program. This includes Turnaround Managers, Engineers, Planners/Schedulers, Planners, Schedulers, Project Controls Managers, Execution Coordinators and anyone who interacts with the T/A team.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The integrative nature of turnarounds involves coordinating multiple processes and systems. This applies through all the core competencies of Work Scope Development, Planning, Scheduling, Cost Estimation and Management, Execution Planning, Bid Package Development, Contracting, Execution and Closeout.
This training program will assist managers and turnaround team members in learning and applying turnaround fundamentals. The use of these basic turnaround principles will increase core competencies and set your program up for success. In addition, it will allow you to involve the right people at the right time to address the right issues and make the right decisions.
The participants will be individually reviewed and periodically tested for comprehension. Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a unique certification of completion.
- Turnaround Planning Fundamentals Introduction
- Lesson 1 Turnaround Introduction
- Lesson 2 Introduction To Turnaround Planning
- Lesson 3 Developing the Work Scope
- Lesson 4 Job Planning & Scheduling
- Lesson 5 Cost Estimating and Management
- Lesson 6 Execution Planning
- Lesson 7 Bid Package Development and Contracting
- Lesson 8 Execution and Close Out
- Final Planning Exercise
- Final Written Exam
- Turnaround Definitions
- Course Evaluation