Fundamentals of Compressed Air Systems Training
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
PPL Electric Utilities is sponsoring the Department of Energy Compressed Air Challenge: Fundamentals of Compressed Air Systems training. This is a one-day introductory course designed to teach facility engineers, operators and maintenance staff how to achieve 15-25 percent cost savings through more effective production and use of compressed air. Participants will learn how to:
1. Calculate the energy cost of compressed air in their facility.
2. Improve compressed air system efficiency and reliability.
3. Identify inappropriate uses of compressed air.
4. Establish a baseline by which they can measure improvements in compressed air performance and efficiency.
5. Match system supply to actual production requirements for pressure and flow.
6. Find and fix leaks.
7. Establish a leak prevention program.
8. Better control compressed air to improve productivity and profitability.
This training normally costs $375 per person. PPL Electric Utilities will subsidize the $375 fee so that attendees will only be charged $90 per person. This event is available to PPL Electric Utilities customers and E-power Trade Allies on a first-come, first-served basis so sign up now.