Matt Makai will present on fully automating Django web application deployments with Ansible (and a little bit of Fabric for ad hoc tasks). The talk will dive into Ansible's Playbooks and show how to configure servers and deploy code using tasks, handlers, and templates.
After this talk you'll understand how to use Ansible to go from bare Linux installations to fully configured and secured Django application and database servers.
Matt Makai is a Python web developer based in Washington, D.C. He was a DjangoCon 2013 speaker on "Making Django Play Nicely with Third Party Services" as well as a speaker throughout the past year at Memphis Python, Omaha Python, Django Boston, DC Python, and Django District. Matt's been working with Django since 0.96 and writes Full Stack Python (http://www.fullstackpython.com/) to help new developers understand how to deploy their Python-powered web applications.
6:15p - Check in and socialize. Pizza and Beer will be provided by our generous sponsor Yelp!
7:00p - Lightning Talks if we have any
7:30p - Matt's talk
8:30p - Q&A with Matt then more socializing
9:00p - Time to head home
Notes from Yelp:
- Doors will open at 6:15pm to allow enough time for the check-in process.
- Please RSVP with Eventbrite! You will only be let in if you have an Eventbrite ticket!
- Beer and wine will be served at this event. If you're under 21 please RSVP directly with the host.
- If you will be bringing a guest, please provide us with their first and last name as well.
- Waiting list folks will be allowed into the event AFTER we admit all confirmed attendees.
- Yelp is generously providing pizza, drinks, and beer in addition to their venue space. Please respect and abide the space!