NEW FOR DECEMBER'S SWAP:
TRADITIONAL COOKIE & RECIPE SWAP
We thought it would be fun to have a theme for our December swaps. We will be hosting a cookie swap & recipe exchange with a holiday party to go with it!
* "Cookie" is the theme, you can interpret that anyway you want. Sweet, savory, crispy, chewy. A bar, a piece of fudge- whatever. Have fun with the theme of "cookie".
* In the hopes that we all take home a variety of items, please package your "cookies" in 4's. That way if you swap 1 or 2 dozen cookies you will be swapping for 3 or 6 different "types" of cookies. (6 sets of 4 = 24 cookies)
* Please attach a recipe with each set of cookies to swap- that way if swappers want to recreate your cookie recipe for the holidays, they will be able to. It doesn't matter if its an original recipe or from a cookbook or a blog- just reference where you got the recipe from if not original!
UPDATED FOR ALL FUTURE SWAPS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
*NEW* TICKET POLICY
By "purchasing" a free ticket you agree to the following:
1) Contacting From Scratch Club at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can not attend so that we can give your ticket to the next swapper on the waitlist.
2) Bringing appropriate "to go" containers for all swap items.
3) I will bring nothing that has been canned in 2010. The time to eat/swap these items have passed for food safety reasons.
ALL items from the 2011 canning season are welcome.
Thank you! Christina, FSC
Below please find information on how the swap works, what to bring, ect:
Our food swap is a place where you can trade an item you made for another item that someone else made: items are swapped 1-for-1.
*Items must be on the table by 8pm to be eligible for the swap*
7:30-8pm: Sign-in, Display Goods & Grab a Refreshment
Sign in, with your name & email address & blog address
Display swap items & samples on the tables & fill out your swap cards (Name & Item Description)
We will have a refreshment bar for your pleasure! (We will no longer have the potluck food table*)
8-8:30pm Browse the Tables
With refreshment in hand, introduce yourself to table-neighbors & new friends and take a peek at what others have brought, sample items and start plotting your swapping!
8:30-8:45pm “Silent Auction”
Write your trade offers on others’ tags (i.e. your name & what you’d be willing to trade)
8:45-9:30pm OPEN SWAP & HOLIDAY PARTY
Review your tags to see which offers have been made.
Find each other (wear your name tags) & swap away!
Take home your new artisan goods and enjoy!
Food & Drink:
FOOD: We encouraging you to bring samples of your cookies for people to try as they walk around to "browse the tables". Please be sure to bring whatever you need to serve your samples.
DRINKS: We will be providing all the drinks. Courtesy of Exit 9 Wine & Liquors. Find them on Facebook!
You can always write us an email with any questions or concerns at: email@example.com or visit our blog at www.fromscratchclub.com