Sunday, April 13th
4pm (please do not arrive before 4pm)
Honest Weight Food COOP's Community Room,
100 Watervliet Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
Suggested donation: $0
There is no drink table at this event as we encourage you to buy a beverage from HWFC's amazing organic juice, smoothie and coffee bar or from the beverage coolers!)
*Items must be on the table by 4:45pm to be eligible for the swap*
4-4:45pm: Sign-in, Display Goods & Grab a Refreshment
- Sign in
- Display swap items & samples on the tables
- Fill out the swap cards (Name & Item Description)
- Grab yourself a beverage at HWFC's Coffee, Organic Juice & Smoothie Bar!
4:45-5pm Browsing the Tables
With refreshment in hand, introduce yourself to table-neighbors & new friends and take a peek at what others have brought, eat/drink some samples and start plotting your swapping!
5-5:15pm “Silent Auction”
Write your trade offers on others’ tags (i.e. your name & what you’d be willing to trade)
5:15pm OPEN SWAP
Review your tags to see which offers have been made.
Find each other (wear your name tags) & swap away!
Take home your new artisan goods and enjoy!
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: FOOD SWAPPER TICKET POLICY
By "purchasing" a free ticket you agree to the following:
1) Bringing appropriate "to go" containers for all swap items. Your swap items do not have to be pressure or water-bath canned. You can bring fresh items, just simply state the storage information
(for example: must refrigerate or is good for 1 week in an air tight container)
2) If your item is pressure or water-bath canned: NOTHING from April 2013 & older. Each swap item should be dated to give a handful of months to enjoy before the USDA '1 year' shelf live of a home-canned product.
3) Only food and natural home & body products made from edible/natural ingredients (lip balm, sugar/salt scrubs) are allowed. No crafts. No exceptions.
4) You will contact FSC via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend so that your ticket can be released to someone on the wait list.
The Swap: GENERAL INFORMATION
Our food swap is a place where you can trade an item you made for another item that someone else made: items are swapped 1-for-1.
You bring as many or as little items as you’d like to trade; you can bring 1-infinity of one good (X loaves of bread) or X different items (1 jar of blueberry jam, 1 loaf of bread, 1 jar of vanilla extract, 1 tomato transplant, 1 jar of granola. 2 pints of pickled beets and one jar of mustard, ect ,ect). Just remember that items are swapped 1-for-1.
You will place the items on one of the tables, grouped by item so that guests will view the goodies and write their names down if they are interested in trading with you. They will also be required to tell you what they want to swap for your item. Then the last 30 minutes of the event will be the “live action swap” where you will look on your sheet(s) to see who wants to swap with you. Then you will find those people, based on their name tags or knowing them personally already, and starting a conversation with them: “Do you wanna swap” “sure” “great”"let’s do it”…. or if you don't want what they are offering, kindly decline and move on.
The 'swap cards' are only a starting place, you do not have to swap with people on your cards or ones you've signed up for- Please make sure each swap it done FACE TO FACE with the other person agreeing to the swap!
What To Swap?
Muffins, sourdough starters, vinegar mother, infused alcohol, infused vinegar, DIY extracts, canned veg, meat & fruit, fermented items, Kombucha SCOBIES, homemade yogurt, cheese, wine, jam, pickled beets, beer, dried herbs, potted herbs, vegetable plant transplants, cookies, biscotti, backyard garden vegetable bounty, salad dressings, stocks, cookies, pies, breads, dips & spreads, meals, backyard EGGS, lip balm, soaps, salves, anything that is food, drink or a homemade lotion/balmy/soapy item is welcome.
*Only food and natural home & body products made from edible/natural ingredients (lip balm, sugar/salt scrubs) are allowed. No crafts please.
As long as you made/grown/foraged the food/body/home item, the sky’s the limit.
1) *NEW POLICY CHANGE: Unfortunately, due to health & safety concerns we must change one of our policies: no non-swap aged children allowed. Infants in carriers are allowed. All other children must be actively swapping and be watched by their adult at all times!
2) PLEASE do not show up before 4pm. Swap item set-up time is scheduled into the swap from 4-4:45pm. Please mingle & shop-around HWFC and grab a beverage or dinner! There is a large cafe seating area to lounge.
If at all possible, please bring samples of your swap items.
We are renting this space for free, so we are not having our usual drink table. We kindly ask you to patronize HWFC if you wish to enjoy a hot or cold beverage!
You can always write us an email with any questions or concerns at: email@example.com or visit our blog at www.fromscratchclub.com and make sure to join our FSC Food Swap dedicated Facebook page: www.facebook.com/FSCSwappers