We thought it would be fun to have a theme for our December swaps. We will be hosting a cookie swap & recipe exchange with a holiday party to go with it!
* "Cookie" is the theme, you can interpret that anyway you want. Sweet, savory, crispy, chewy. A bar, a piece of fudge- whatever. Have fun with the theme of "cookie".
* In the hopes that we all take home a variety of items, please package your "cookies" in 4's. That way if you swap 1 or 2 dozen cookies you will be swapping for 3 or 6 different "types" of cookies. (6 sets of 4 = 24 cookies)
* Please attach a recipe with each set of cookies to swap- that way if swappers want to recreate your cookie recipe for the holidays, they will be able to. It doesn't matter if its an original recipe or from a cookbook or a blog- just reference where you got the recipe from if not original!
UPDATED FOR ALL FUTURE SWAP: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
*NEW* TICKET POLICY
By "purchasing" a free ticket you agree to the following:
1) Contacting From Scratch Club at email@example.com if you can not attend so that we can give your ticket to the next swapper on the waitlist.
2) Bringing appropriate "to go" containers for all swap items.
3) I will not bring to swap items that were canned (pressure or water-bath) In 2010. Due to food safety issues, the time has passed to swap (eat) items canned last year.
ALL items from the 2011 canning season are welcome.
THANK YOU, Christina, FSC
Kelly McDermott, Cerified Midwife and her staff have warmly welcomed us into their offices at 258 Hackett Blvd. (a residental home on Hackett Blvd, 1 house in from the corner of Main St.) I think you will love the space as its a wide-open dining room, living room and kitchen.
Below please find information on how the swap works, what to bring, ect:
Our food swap is a place where you can trade an item you made for another item that someone else made: items are swapped 1-for-1.
*Items must be on the table by 4:40pm to be eligible for the swap*
4:00-4:40pm: Sign-in, Display Goods & Grab a Refreshment
- Sign in, with your name & email address & blog address
- Display swap items & samples on the tables
- Fill out the swap cards (Name & Item Description)
We will have a refreshment bar (non-alcoholic) for your pleasure!
4:40-5:00pm: Browse the Tables
With refreshment in hand, introduce yourself to table-neighbors & new friends and take a peek at what others have brought, eat/drink some samples and start plotting your swapping!
5:00-5:15pm “Silent Auction”
Write your trade offers on others’ tags (i.e. your name & what you’d be willing to trade)
5:15-6pm OPEN SWAP
Review your tags to see which offers have been made.
Find each other (wear your name tags) & swap away!
Take home your new artisan goods and enjoy!
If at all possible, please bring samples of your swap items.
We will be providing all the drinks.
You can always write us an email with any questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our blog at www.fromscratchclub.com