San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you a web designer/developer interested in mobile app development, or an enterprise developer looking to expand your skill set around APIs and mobile?
Join us for a free, one-day workshop and build an app-store ready, API powered mobile app for iOS, Android or Windows Phone 8 in a single day!
Regardless of your background - this hands-on workshop will walk you, step-by-step, through the process of building an API-driven mobile app.
The workshop is completely free – and all of the software & services we’ll be using are open-source!
- A laptop: minimum OS requirements are Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP, or any linux that supports JDK6
- A working install of PhoneGap/Cordova. Please download PhoneGap and complete the “Platform Guide” for your preferred platform (iOS, Android, etc.) ahead of the class.
- 8:30am: Doors open — registration and coffee
- Intro to Mobile Apps and APIs
- Working with APIs and a Backend as a Service
- Consuming live data in your app
- Making your app work in an offline mode
- Lunch break (provided by Apigee)
- Writing and updating live data from your app
- Geolocation and using NodeJS to build API proxies
- User Management
- Package and launch your app natively on iOS or Android with PhoneGap
- 4:30pm: Q&A and drinkup! (Beers/wine provided by Apigee.)
Here’s what previous attendees have to say…
- That was one of the best geek sessions I've ever been to. 1000 Thank you's to @Apigee. I'm officially a fan. – @The_Internauts
- Had an insightful day yesterday at an @Apigee workshop (#html5 & #phonegap). @garazi was brilliant. And it was completely free :-0 – @amanoncaltrain
- Great Job @garazi and @Apigee at your FREE Zero to App Store workshop with Hybrid Application Development! Your community support is amazing! – @geoffreyemery
- Amazing tutorial about how to use phonegap! You make me look at app building in a much easier way. Thank you, you rock! – @gasvideos
- Wonderful HTML5/CSS/JS and phonegap workshop today - and thanks to #apigee for making it free! – @cmetgher
- Thank u for sharing your knowledge today. Priceless insights from one of the best on everything web related #apigee – @bluesuits
- Great workshop on #HTML5, APIs and #PhoneGap by @garazi from #Apigee. Good stuff, and it was free! – @ActiveNick
About the Instructor
Greg is a Developer Evangelist at Apigee. Greg has been working in the web industry literally since the web was born – he was hand-coding HTML before the table tag was even "invented". His career has taken him around the world, from the early days of desktop publishing, to a start-up in Hamburg, Germany where he helped build one of the first HTML authoring tools, the glory days of the web at Macromedia as the Technical Product Manager for Dreamweaver, and finally his role as Principal Evangelist at Adobe prior to joining Apigee. Greg has spoken about web technologies at over 300 industry conferences around the world, as well as being a published author.
For your Boss
You’re sold? Need to convince your boss? Well, just tell him/her about all the things you’ll get to learn in just one day!
- If you’re a native app developer, you will learn another way to build mobile apps, that allows your company to quickly launch projects for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, etc.) using the same codebase!
- If you’re already an HTML5 or advanced app developer, you will learn how to use a Backend-as-a-service to quickly prototype, deploy and efficiently scale your company’s mobile apps without needing a backend team to keep it running.
- If you’re a backend developer, you will learn everything you need to know about the challenges of developing & launching mobile apps, what it means for backend architectures, and how large companies with tens of thousands of employees and millions of users manage their data backends for mobile apps
- In just one day, you will learn everything you need to build real apps on your own. Past example includes: store locator, employee directory, Yelp-like app, mobile intranet, HR applicant tracker, lunch ordering system, conference app, room reservation system, and many more! Spend one day in this training and you’ll have the tools to tackle any mobile project your boss or customer throws at you.
When & Where
Apigee makes it easy for developers to build apps powered by APIs, manage and scale their APIs, and get real-time insights into their digital presence. Learn more at http://developers.apigee.com/