Please join us for the 2012 "As America Ages" conference. Building off last year's conversation around the impact of the aging US population, our 2012 conference will empower attendees with actionable strategies that utilize collaboration across public agencies as well as public / private partnerships. With budgets tight (and getting tighter), learn how to leverage the genius in the agencies and community organizations that surround you to better address thorny and challenging issues that threaten the well-being of today's (and tomorrow's) seniors. We are excited to bring together a set of leaders across sectors and disciplines to share their experiences and speak with you about how they (and you!) can get it done.
- Setting the Stage: New Developments to Help Us Age in Place
- Building a Collaborative Engine
- Creative Collaborations in Rhode Island & Beyond
- Resolving Elder Abuse in the Justice System: the Brooke Astor Case
- Building your own collaborations for a positive aging experience
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and networking reception
- Mark Lachs, MD is the first director of the Cornell Center for Aging Research and Clinical Care (CARCC) and author of Treat Me Not My Age.
- Catherine Taylor is the director of Elderly Affairs in Rhode Island.
- Elizabeth Loewy is Chief of the Elder Abuse Unit under New York County District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr.
- Tony Silbert of Innovation Partners International and author of Healing Conversations NOW.
- Jim Nyberg of LeadingAgeRI
- And more!
Parking: Visitor lot is on corner of Thayer and Brook St or Thayer and Power St.
Schedule: Roberts Campus Center
8:00-8:30 Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45-9:30 Mark Lachs, MD Treat Me Not My Age
9:30-10:30 Collaborative Conversations
10:45-12:00 Spotlight on Creative Collaborations in Aging
12:00-1:15 Lunchtime Presentation
1:15-2:15 Furthering the Vision for Creative Collaborations
2:30-3:15 Collaboration by Design
3:15-3:45 Rhode Island Round Up & Wrap Up
4:00-5:30 Networking Reception (Taubman Center: 67 George St.)
Questions? Contact Jennifer Slattery-Bownds at email@example.com. or 401-952-7488