Robert Dempsey, freelance coach and author of the Life of the Freelancer blog, will host a rousing conversation on what it takes to become a freelancer. Stuck in a workaday job and daydreaming about life on the outside? Or have you been laid off and you're wondering whether freelancing is a viable way of life? This is the session for you.
Robert will discuss the financial, motivational and practical aspects of making the big leap, including:
- Can I afford to do this? (Can I afford not to?)
- What's the right point to leave my job?
- What kinds of planning do I need to do before quitting?
- What kinds of support do I need once I'm on my own?
- How will I start to scare up work?
- How will I stay sane?
Please note: we have two times for you to choose from:
- Lunchtime (11:30-1)
- Evening (5:30-7)
This is the first in a series of free seminars on how to be a more successful freelancer, consultant or small business owner.
CoCo coworking and collaborative space
CoCo is an alternative to working from home, the office or the local coffee shop. It’s a place where knowledge workers can share ideas, team up on projects and, on occasion, actually get some work done.