Freedom Giant Miscanthus 2nd Annual Field Day
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (EST)
Who: Potential growers and landowners interested in learning about Freedom
What: Freedom Field Day, designed to educate on the planting, growing and harvesting of giant miscanthus
When: Wednesday, January 11th 2011
Where: REPREVE Renewables farms in Soperton, GA.
We are 2.5 hours south of Atlanta, 1.5 hours west of Savannah, and about an hour east of Macon.
For Detailed directions: Click here.
Local Hotel information: Click here.
The Freedom Field Day agenda holds a wide array of activities designed to promote education on the planting, growing and harvesting of Freedom giant miscanthus. The tentative itinerary includes the following:
Morning Session: Experts & End-Users
- Michael McAdams, President of the Advanced Biofuels Association
- Mississippi State University energy crop experts
- Jill Stuckey, Director of Georgia Center for Energy Innovation
- Pellet manufacturing representatives
- Farm equipment representatives
- Freedom Giant Miscanthus -- all about the crop
- The demand for giant miscanthus in the US and internationally
- Federal and state supported programs for growing giant miscanthus
- Industry experts on end-uses for Freedom: pellets, plastics, fuels
- Q&A session with REPREVE Renewables to address agronomic practices, economics of growing and planning for new crops
- Field tours of several hundred acres of Freedom giant miscanthus, including research blocks
- REPREVE Renewables methods for ensuring the most viable rhizome delivery
- Equipment and process demonstrations