There are four generations in the US workforce and they each communicate differently. A Baby Boomer’s work ethic is different than Generation X. Learn what the differences are in this interactive workshop and develop new communication strategies that will help you bridge the Generation Gap when interviewing with younger decision-makers.
Does this sound like you? If so, Come Join us
- At my age, who is going to hire me? I have applied for over a thousand jobs in the last two years and once they review my employment history, it stops there.
- Now at age 55 I am having a hard time getting an interview.
- I have well over 25 years experience and probably forgot more than most college graduates will ever know. I have a hard time even getting an interview. I find my age (58) to be the biggest problem.
- Learn the differences in work ethic between generations and how to bridge the communication gap
- Become aware of "older" behaviors that turn-off younger interviewers
- How to answer interview questions related to age, including tips and advice on the best way to respond.
- Have the opportunity to answer interview questions in the present tense (a must for older job seekers)
Riichard Oberbruner has lead interactive job seach workshops for the Career Stimulus program at Harper College, the Community Career Center in Naperville, with the majority of his career at Worknet DuPage in Lisle. He combines his teaching background with Second City Theater improv techniques to make each presentation a one-of-a-kind event. Come learn new skills and enjoy yourself at the same time!
Do you need a job search/career transition plan in case you should lose your job in the near future? If so, please join us for the monthly networking meeting of the:
Crossroads Career Network Ministry
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
7:00 pm - 9:00pm
Eola Community Center & Library
555 S. Eola Road, Room 111
Aurora, IL 60504
Event Website: http://tinyurl.com/mh6cdew
No prior registration required for this FREE skills training & networking meeting
For more information, call George Carson at 630-675-4509 firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: ½ mile north of intersection of Eola Rd & Ogden Ave on west side of road in large red brick building. Room 111 where meeting is being held is on north end of building. If the parking lot is full, please feel free to use the adjoining church parking lot on the south end of the building.