Free Workshop: Is Arab Government Social Media Use Effective?
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 11:30 AM (GST)
Find out why Arab government social media use is falling short and discover how your entity can use social media more effectively
While embrace of social media as a component of open government initiatives is still in its infancy, there is much expectation that public sector social media use will have a transformative impact on citizen participation with Arab government. However, our new study An Arab Open Government Maturity Model for Social Media Engagement finds that most Arab government agencies are failing to interact effectively with citizens and other government institutions.
Join Tahseen Consulting and regional public affairs leaders for a free 30 minute webinar to review the results of our study which involved the analysis of 66,000 social media posts of 28 public sector entities in the education and employment sector in Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.
You'll learn . . .
- How international frameworks for public sector social media engagement fail to account for governance traditions in the Arab region
- Methods to evaluate your entity’s current social media use to determine specific ways your organization can use social media more effectively in citizen interactions
- How to measure the maturity of your organization’s social media use and benchmark your organization against similar public sector entities in the region
- How to resolve common social media mistakes that Arab public sector entities make which reduce citizen engagement and participation
- The importance of the right social, cultural, and institutional factors to utilize social media effectively
Walid works with national governments and public sector institutions to help senior officials make informed educational and labor market policy decisions. He is a former policy advisor and public affairs consultant to the Prime minister of the UAE and has worked regionally on several public sector reform initiatives.
Wes has advised several high profile political appointees on sensitive public affairs issues. He has worked extensively on national campaigns that address such issues as workforce development, youth smoking prevention, and health awareness in the Arab region and elsewhere.
- UAE: 11:00 – 11:30 AM
- Saudi Arabia: 10:00 – 10:30 AM
- Cairo, Egypt: 9:00 – 9:30 AM
- Rabat, Morocco: 8:00 – 8:30 AM
- Greenwich Mean Time: 7:00-7:30 AM GMT
- For other cities please check: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/difference.html?p1=2
Tahseen Consulting is a specialized advisor on strategic and organizational issues focusing on governments, social sector institutions, and corporations in the Arab World. Applying substantive industry knowledge, evidence-based insights, and analytical rigor, we work alongside our clients to help optimize strategic decision-making, solve organizational challenges, and appraise the impact of strategic initiatives.
Find out more about us by visiting www.tahseen.ae