San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OpenShift Workshop with Python/MongoDB with Steve Citron-Pousty
- 4 hours (approx).
- This workshop is open to all men and women.
- Red Hat is sponsoring lunch and drinks - Thank you, Red Hat!
Location is in the same complex as the Rosewood Hotel (behind it) so please drive through their parking lot to get to the Andreessen Horowitz offices.
- 12:15p - 12:55p - Lunch and networking
- 1p - 3:45p - Workshop
- 3:45p - 4p - Wrap up, clean up and leave
About the Workshop:
In this workshop we are going to be developing a web application on the Platform as a Service (Paas) from Red Hat called Openshift. Using a PaaS let's you focus on building applications not managing servers. We are going to build a simple web application in Python using the Flask web framework and we are going to talk to MongoDB, a document-based NoSQL database.
- You must bring your own laptop - this will all be hands on.
- You should be familiar with writing code (better if it is python). We will NOT be teaching basic programming concepts.
- Should be familiar with web development like what an HTTP request and response is.
Complete before the Workshop:
- Please create an account at http://openshift.redhat.com before the workshop.
- Try to install the client tools based on the instructions on this page: https://openshift.redhat.com/app/getting_started.
About the Instructor:
What is "Attend and Donate $10 - Get a Free O'Reilly Book from CodeChix at the Event"?
To thank you for donating to CodeChix Bay Area, CodeChix Bay Area will give you a free O'Reilly book! When you donate $10 to attend this workshop, you'll be able to pick a book from our collection when you arrive.
We're raising funds to apply for non-profit status and for 2013 CodeChix T-shirts. Applying for non-profit status is a hugely expensive process (on the order of $5K-$7K) and we would love to have any help we can towards this effort. And, we'd also love to get CodeChix T-shirts to distribute, too. Please help us by signing up, coming to our event and donating towards these items.
We are greatly appreciative of your support and hope to continue bringing you great speakers and events.
When & Where
CodeChix - BayArea
We are a local group for women and men (although we concentrate more on women) meeting face-to-face and gadget-to-gadget in a non-alpha, language/os agnostic, supportive environment and creating great things. Our events are either open to all or women-only (see details in the agenda).
We are a 501(c3) non-profit and our mission is to Education, Advocacy and Mentorship of women engineers in industry and academia.