San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Quality Management Lean Six Sigma (SSGB) Free Online Webinar on
“Value Stream Map”
Oct 14th, 2014 03:00 PM CDT/USA
Enroll now for our Free Online Webinar and learn from our Expert
This webinar will help you understand the concept of value stream map and process map. In this session, you will be able to see the entire value stream for a particular product family and map the value stream to identify and eliminate waste.
Value stream mapping is a major concept of agile that originated in lean manufacturing technique. Value stream mapping is a technique which is used to analyze the flow of information, people and material in order to attain the end result. The end result here is usually the creation of a new product or service for the customer.
An agile team needs to incorporate various process undergoing many steps and activities in value stream map. These steps and activities are classified as “value adding”, i.e. adding value to the customer or “non-value adding”, i.e. not adding value to customers. This process helps an agile team to identify and eliminate “waste” in the entire process of agile project management. Waste is any activity that does not add value to the customer. However, just being termed as “waste” doesn’t mean that the step or activity in the process is unnecessary. The agile team cannot directly remove the step, they need to understand the fact that it is not adding any value to the customer and therefore try to minimize or find a way to remove the need for those steps in the value stream map process.
Stages involved in Value Stream Mapping:
- Firstly, the agile team identifies the value that they are creating from the process
- Secondly, they create a value stream map that identifies the steps, queues, delays, information flows, etc. in the process.
- Thirdly, the agile team review the process and identifies activities that can be classified as waste and also identify the constraints if any.
- Fourthly, they modify the map to optimize it to the extent possible by removing the waste, delays and constraints.
- Fifthly, the agile team creates a roadmap to get the process to the revised state
- And finally, they add a plan to re-visit the process subsequently and further tune it.
Listen what our attendees speak...
I attended the session and it was very useful, thanks to you..
-Surya Choudhary, Damco Solutions
Excellent delivery model. Learnt a lot of new and refreshing aspects in IT...
-Dan Slimovschi, IBM
Hurry and enroll for this free webinar session. Enroll early to confirm your spot.
Feel free to refer your friends or co-workers for this webinar.
Kindly Note: Only Registered participants can attend the webinar. Participants will receive an unique link 24-48 hours before the schedule time of webinar for attending the webinar.
We are looking forward for you to join us at the upcoming Webinar event!!!
For more information on Quality Management Six Sigma Training or the webinar, feel free to contact us!!
Email id: email@example.com
When & Where
Lean Six Sigma Certification Training
Get Certified, Get Ahead
Alwyn Brown, Business Manager