*FREE* NAR Green Designation: 200 & 300 | Laguna Hills
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Laguna Hills, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Orange County Association of REALTORS®
Tuesday, March 4 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, March 5 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
This two day training series is targeted towards those who have already taken Green 100 or have the Build It Green Certified Green Real Estate (CGREP) designation.
Working from the outside of the home to the inside, Green 200: The Science of Green Building familiarizes students with green principles and choices in home design and construction. The course begins with site analysis and orientation followed by constructing the building envelope and choosing green systems. Students learn how building components and systems interrelate to create a green home. A special chapter looks at how net zero energy homes generate their own power and sell back to the grid. The course concludes with an exploration levels and cost-benefits of retrofitting, remodeling, or renovating for existing homes.
Now more than ever, current and future homeowners are motivated to understand green cost savings and health benefits. This course gives professionals the training they need to represent today's sellers and buyers. Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business is the third day of three required courses comprising the curriculum of NAR's Green Designation, the only designation of its kind recognized by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
- Thanks to the generous support of The Energy Network there is no registration fee for this training.
Requirements for the NAR Green Designation certification
- Attendance - Participants must attend both training days.
- Pass the exam - Participants must receive a passing grade of 80% on each exam (separate exams are given for Green 200 and Green 300). If you do not receive a passing grade, you may re-take the exam for a fee of $50.
- Proof that you are licensed or working as one of the following - Real Estate Agent, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Appraiser, Residential Mortgage Lender, California Finance Lender, Escrow Company, Financial Institution
- Provide NRDS ID # - Participants must provide their NRDS ID on the day of the training. NRDS ID # can be found at NAR's website.
Breakfast, Lunch, and snacks will be provided.
When & Where
Build It Green
Build It Green is a membership supported non-profit organization whose mission is to promote healthy, energy- and resource-efficient homes in California.
Established in 2003, we offer a comprehensive package of local government support, professional training, collaboration forums, consumer education, and green product marketing to a range of stakeholders.