Laughter is the best medicine!
Laughter is contagious and has a powerful and immediate effect on our mind, body and spirit. Our bodies can’t tell the difference between real or simulated laughter! This class involves deep breathing, stretching, clapping and laughter exercises.
Our laughter exercises in this class will:
- Increase blood flow and oxygen to all the major organs
- Enhance endorphin levels which make us feel uplifted & can reduce pain
- Stimulate immune, digestive & cardiac systems
- Reduce stress levels
- Relax, strengthen & lengthen the muscles with stretching
- Help create a laughing community and be fun!
|Time:||2 Wednesdays per month, 5:30 – 6:30 pm|
|Location:||1545 Divisadero St., 5th Floor (Map & Directions)|
|Instructor:||Teresa Corrigan RN, MA, CLL|
|Register/Info:||Drop-in; no registration necessary.
Please wear comfortable clothing.
For info, call 415-353-7718 or e-mail us.
- January: 15 & 29
- February: 12 & 26
- March: 12 & 26
- April: 9 & 23
- May: 7 & 21
- June: 4 & 18
- July: 9 & 23
- August: 6 & 20
- September: 10 & 24
- October: 8 & 22
- November: 5 & 19
- December: 3 & 17
UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
We offer a dynamic approach to health, healing and prevention by integrating modern medicine with established practices from around the world.
Our mission is to transform the way medicine is practiced and health is promoted by:
- Conducting rigorous research to better understand integrative and complementary healing practices and how they exert their health effects
- Educating medical students, health professionals and the public about these practices
- Creating new integrative models of clinical care that combine modern medicine, healthier lifestyle practices and established healing approaches emphasizing prevention, patient empowerment and whole person healing.
The UCSF Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is translating science into health and discovery into care.