FREE HEAT ILLNESS PREVENTION SEMINAR - "BEAT THE SOUTH FLORIDA HEAT"
Friday, August 12, 2011 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Coastal Construction in Cooperation with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Physicians Health Center and SPI Safety Present a FREE Heat Illness Prevention Seminar - "Beat the South Florida Heat"
WATER. REST. SHADE.
Heat illness can be deadly – but by making heat safety part of the job, employers and workers can work longer, feel stronger and stay healthy. This summer’s campaign includes a combination of media, education and enforcement efforts. Strategically targeting the most underserved populations of outdoor workers, the campaign addresses heat safety, prevention and workers’ rights.
We invite you to join us in our FREE Heat Illness Prevention Seminar by helping to reach workers and employers throughout South Florida with the resources you find at our seminar.
- Introduction by David Wessin, Corporate Safety Director, Coastal Construction Group
- Presentation by Vergie Bain, Compliance Assistance Specialist, Fort Lauderdale Area OSHA Office
- Presentation by Dr. Susan Diaz, Physicians Health Center
- Presentation by Kathy Felsten, Safety Products, Inc.
- Information on Safety Stand-Down - "Beat the Florida Heat"
- Closing Comments
Refreshments Provided Courtesy of Physicians Health Center
Door Prizes Courtesy of SPI Safety
SPACE IS LIMITED SO REGISTER EARLY
Please call David Wessin for any addtional questions (786) 566-1256