[Free] Build Your First Mobile App in a Day (HTML5, jQuery & PhoneGap) Newark!
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Jersey City, NJ
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for a free one-day training course to learn everything you
need to know to build your first mobile app with HTML5+PhoneGap+jQuery code!
Join us to learn how to create mobile apps in a hands-on, friendly, fast-paced environment!
What You'll Learn
The HTML5 class will teach you everything you need to build apps that work on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, mobile browsers, etc.
By the end of the workshop, we will have built a fully-featured app, ready for release on the app store, without having written a single line of server-side code!
Classes are completely free! All the software & services we’ll be using are, too — most of them are even open-source.
As taken by over 1,000 people in San Francisco, Austin, Amsterdam, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Denver, Detroit, Houston, San Jose, Atlanta and Los Angeles!
The HTML5 classes
The Mobile HTML5 classes will be offered Wednesday and Thursday. It’s perfect for people with a background in web development or with light programming experience.
- A laptop: Minimum OS requirements are Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP, or any Linux that supports JDK6.
- A working install of PhoneGap/Cordova 2.8. For Android, please follow these special instructions. For iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry, you can follow the standard guide instead.
- 30 minutes before start: Registration + breakfast
- Hour 1-2: Intro HTML5 and Mobile Apps. Building your mobile UI with (jQuery Mobile)
- Hour 3-4: Add live data to your app with an API backend (Usergrid)
- Lunch break (food will be provided for all attendees)
- Hour 5: Add more screens to your app
- Hour 6: Make your app run natively on devices with PhoneGap
About the Instructors
The session will be lead by Alex Muramoto and Steve Traut, Senior Technical Writers at Apigee.
For Your Boss
You’re sold? Need to convince your boss? Well, just tell him about all the things you’ll get to learn in just half a day!
- If you’re a web designer, you will learn how to design interfaces for mobile websites and mobile apps quickly, and even how to implement them on your own into working prototypes, allowing your to tackle your company’s mobile projects this year.
- If you’re a native app developer, you will learn another way to build mobile apps, that allows your company to quickly launch projects for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, etc.) using the same codebase!
- If you’re already an HTML5 or advanced app developer, you will learn how to use a Backend-as-a-service to quickly prototype, deploy and efficiently scale your company’s mobile apps without needing a backend team to keep it running.
- If you’re a backend developer, you will learn everything you need to know about the constraints of developing & launching mobile apps, what it means for backend architectures, and how large companies with tens of thousands of employees and millions of users manager their data backends for mobile apps
- In just one day, you will learn everything you need to start building real apps on your own. Past examples include: store locator, employee directory, Yelp-like app, mobile intranet, HR applicant tracker, lunch ordering system, conference app, room reservation system, and many more! Spend one day in this training and you’ll have the tools to tackle any mobile project your boss or customer throws at you.
When & Where
Apigee makes it easy for developers to build apps powered by APIs, manage and scale their APIs, and get real-time insights into their digital presence. Learn more at http://developers.apigee.com/