Franciscan University Adoration in the Portiuncula Spring Semester 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM (EST)
Steubenville, United States
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Perpetual Adoration in the Portiuncula
Beginning February 5th at 7:30 am- Ending April 30th at 12:00pm
"What wonderful majesty! What stupendous condescension! O sublime humility!
That the Lord of the whole universe, God and the Son of God, should humble Himself like this under the form of a little bread, for our salvation"
- St Francis of Assisi
INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGN UP ON LINE:
Select the day that you would like to commit to weekly adoration above, click "1" under "Quantity" next and click "Register". If you want to fill both slots for a particular time, you must register each time period separately.
After selecting "Register", on the next page, fill out your Name, Email Address, Cell Phone, Box #/Address, Dorm Phone/Home Phone and then select the time of day that you prefer from the drop-down box.
The time slots that are available for Adoration will be highlighted in a darker print. When a particular time slot is not available the time will be shadowed in a lighter print. Please be sure you are selecting the AM for morning hours and PM for evening hours.
- Then click "Complete Registration", you will receive an email confirmation of the day and time that you selected.
SIGN IN BINDER
- A sign-up binder is provided in the Portiuncula, upon your arrival you must sign in the book by your name and time. This signature will indicate you have committed to your adoration time. If you have an alternate replacement for your time commitment, please have that individual sign in their name by your designated time.
- Spending time in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament is a most precious privilege that the Church extends to all of us. If we have committed ourselves to a weekly time slot, that commitment should be considered a sacred one that we should not take lightly. Should anyone for any reason, not be able to make his or her time commitment they should make every effort to find their replacement. In that way we will be faithful to the prayer time we have promised to the Lord. Yours in Christ, Fr. Dominic Scotto, TOR, Univeristy Chaplain
- “Every effort should be made to ensure that there should be at least two people present. There must absolutely never be periods when the Blessed Sacrament is exposed and there is no one present for adoration….” - Responsum ad dubium received by the USCCB Committee on Liturgy (July 1995), in Solemn Exposition of the Holy Eucharist
- During the first week of adoration, we ask that you lift up Franciscan University, its mission, and all those who are part of the University family.
- In order for Adoration in the Portiuncula to open on Wednesday,February 5th at 8:00 a.m. all time slots must be filled.