Foursquare Day Kickoff at SXSW
Friday, March 11, 2011 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM (CST)
Austin, United States
***This event is sold out! Be sure to arrive early to ensure you're inside in time for the kickoff events that start at 6pm!***
Around the start of SXSW 2010, the idea for Foursquare Day was born. Just a few weeks after the idea was hatched over 300 cities joined together to celebrate 4/16/10 as Foursquare Day! Join us at the start of SXSW 2011 to officially kick off the countdown to 4/16/2011, Foursquare Day 2011! This is the event where Foursquare Day organizers, foursquare community organizers, foursquare ambassadors and foursquare fans learn from each other and party! Plus we'll have official foursquare swag on hand and a special virtual appearance by Foursquare Day creator Nate Bonilla-Warford!
- Have Foursquare Day in your own city
- Get your town or city to official proclaim 4/16 as Foursquare Day
- Create and manage a foursquare community
- Be an effective foursquare ambassador
- Play four square. Yes, the one with the ball! No really- you'll see.