Founding a Company Without Being Deported
Sunday, March 3, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You are cordially invited to a special E-week event "Founding a Company Without Being Deported" brought to you by a collaboration of BASES, StartX, and the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies. Experienced international founders will discuss the challenges, strategies, and opportunities of starting a company in the US, a valuable discussion for all whether you will deal with these issues yourself or deal with them via your friends and colleagues.
- Date/Time : March 3rd, Sunday 6-8pm (FOOD INCLUDED)
- Location : Tressider Oak East (Second floor of Tressider)
- Structure : 80 min of panelist discussion and Q&A followed by mixer with food
- Moderator : Tony Lai (LawGives, StartX)
- Panelists - 4 from BASES and StartX
- Rebecca Hwang (Younoodle) - PhD 2003-2007 Environment and Resources. Co-founder and CEO of Younoodle. Formerly ran the Social-E Challenge for BASES.
- Chun Kai Wang (Kooapps) - B.S. EE 2003-2007, M.S. CS 2005-2007. CEO and founder of Kooapps who built the company while working at Microsoft (until he got his green card). Formerly ran Career Services for BASES.
- Montse Medina (Jetlore) - MS AA 2007-2008, MS CME 2008-2010, PhD CME 2008- on leave. Co-founder of Jetlore. Dealt with immigration for 7 out of 11 members at Jetlore.
- Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez (Appfluence) - UC Irvine PhD 2008 Computer Science. Co-founder of Appfluence. Founded the company while at Intel, then went full time the same week that got green card.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
When & Where
StartX is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that runs an accelerator for Stanford-affiliated entrepreneurs. Our mission is to help accelerate the development of the top founders coming out of Stanford.