Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Startup Ideation Bootcamp
New York Spring 2013 Semester
You have an idea for a startup, but don't know what to do next? In just three hours, the Startup Ideation Bootcamp will help you improve your idea, come up with new ideas, determine the next steps, and even recruit potential co-founders. This intensive, collaborative workshop begins with talks by leading startup Founders designed to teach you the components of good and bad startup ideas. For example, is your market big enough, is there organic growth potential, and a clear path to profitability? Then, attendees can share their ideas with both experts and peers to receive constructive feedback. Join us for a fun evening!
- Charlie Kim, Founder & CEO, Next Jump
Charlie founded Next Jump in 1994 in his college dorm room while going through school on financial aid. Next Jump grew through the first dot-com bubble to 150 employees, and survived the dot-com bust atering shrinking down to 4 employees in January 2002. The company became profitable that same year, continued investing aggressively. As Next Jump grew over the years, Charlie began to realize the importance of developing his WHY and how it ties into Next Jump’s story. Charlie’s main source of inspiration is from his Dad, who is one of the most famous corn scientists in the world, determined to end world hunger. Next Jump is focused on doing many little things that allow others to do the great things they are meant to do. Next Jump is a living example of using the power of business to dramatically impact the world in a positive way. HOW they do it is through cultural investments in Better Me + Better You = Better Us. Programs to continuously develop NxJumpers and programs to help others.
Who Should Attend the Ideation Bootcamp?
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company.
- Anyone who would like feedback on their ideas or pitch.
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder.
- Anyone interested in learning about the Founder Institute program.
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing with Snacks
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Q&A about the Founder Institute
- Expert Advice on Startup Ideas
- Public Idea Workshop
- Speed Idea Review
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant