Foundation 1 3-day Intensive with Zoe Galvez and Laura Derry (#01-1714)
Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM (PST)
Saturday January 19 through Monday January 21, 10am-5pm
Schedule: 3 one day sessions.
Class size: 16 students maximum
Class length: 6 hours daily(18 hours total)
Are you a seasoned performer or is the stage foreign territory? Do you like to make stuff up or do you get nervous at parties? Do you sing in the shower or do you want to loosen up?
Regardless of your experience, background or training, we think EVERYBODY can benefit from studying improv. This six-session class is a fun intro to the joys and thrills of improvisation and the BATS Improv style.
Students learn improv vocabulary, use practical skills, and perform in a friendly atmosphere. Foundation I is all about unleashing your innate skill. You'll play games and experiment with creating characters and scenes.
Key concepts in Foundation 1 include:
* Making Offers (blocking and accepting)
* Where/Space Objects (creating "props" and "locations" out of thin air)
Some of the lessons of this six-week course: Have fun. Accept the audience's ideas. Make your partner look good. Start positive. Pay attention. Fail "good naturedly." Make eye contact. Avoid asking questions in scenes. Mime as well as you can. "Yes, and..." Dare to be dull. Accept your own ideas. Explore flexible status.
In short, there's plenty to cover. And you'll be amazed at how the lessons apply to your life both on and off stage. Like we said, there's no experience necessary.
At the conclusion, everyone "passes" as long as they've attended five of the six class sessions, and they can move on to Foundation 2, but you can also take Foundation 1 as many times as you would like and are sure to get something new out of it each time.
(For some folks, this all the improv they could ever want or need!)
BATS Improv Class Refund Policy
Cancellation of Summer Intensives and Youth and Teen Camps more than two weeks before the start of the class results in a refund or credit minus a deposit equal to 20% of the tuition. Tuition is non-refundable beginning two weeks before the start of the class.
Quotes from previous participants:
• Getting deeper into the improv experience filled my artist soul.
• I learned a lot about myself while having a great time.
• I really like all the positive energy!
• Improv is not just for the clever, the talented, and the ‘experienced' people. Improv is for everyone, and BATS makes it so.
• Drunken revelry without the booze.
• Fears were addressed and kicked to the curb.
• The theory is taught through doing.
• It's great even if you've never acted before in your life.
• It's been so freeing being here. Thank you!
• This was my fourth time at Improv Intensive and it won't be my last.