Footprints on the Land- Guided Hike
Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 10:30 AM (EST)
Discover the many “footprints” that have been left on the land during this casual and entertaining hike. Native American, early settler and modern developers have changed our native habitats, find out how a preserve like Brooker is a place where those habitats can be restored for the health of the whole county.
All ages are welcome. Children under the ages of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and those younger than 6 may find this hike challenging.
Guided Hike Information
Volunteer Hike Guides will meet participants in the lobby of the Education Center 10 minutes before the scheduled start time. We strongly suggest all hikers visit the restroom before we begin as there are no facilities along the trail.
- Guided hikes are under a mile in length, much of which is on unimproved, uneven sandy trails.
- Hikes take about two (2) hours to complete.
- Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, sneakers or boots.
- Insect repellent (bug spray) is strongly recommended in summer months.
- Bring plenty of drinking water and a snack.
- A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also recommended.
- Pets are not permitted.
- No smoking is allowed.
- Trained volunteers will guide the hike.
For more information please contact (727) 453-6800
Save This Event
When & Where
Brooker Creek Preserve Environmental Education Center - Pinellas County Extension
Pinellas County Extension at Brooker Creek Preserve Environmental Education Center is proud to offer a variety of educational and interpretive programs for the public. The goal of these programs is to empower citizens to make informed decisions about natural and cultural resources. Center programs interpret the natural and cultural history of the area in order to demonstrate the balance between our needs and the needs of natural Florida. For more information please call (727) 453-6800.
Like us on Facebook!