Focus on Women: "The Inside Story"
Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
Pittsfield Charter Township, MI
Focus on Women Series – “The Inside Story” Saturday, September 28, 2013, 10:00am – 2:00pm
The morning session will give “the inside story” on what your health care provider is looking for in a pelvic exam and when performing other diagnostic tests at your annual health exam. The afternoon will include a program on “Redesigning Your Life” where we will look at daydreams, intentions, and beliefs which can help create a “new, happier you” with 2 personal coaches. You can register for one or both sessions. A light lunch will be served, we will hear a survivor story, and there will be door prizes. All women are welcome.
- “The Annual Women’s Exam: What’s Going on Down There?” Featuring Dr. Rosalyn Maben-Feaster and Dr. Anushka Chelliah
- Survivor Story: Michelle Shepherd, Ovarian Cancer Survivor, Michigan Ovarian Cancer Alliance
- “Recommended Health Tests for Women” – Dr. Elizabeth Shih
- “Redefining Yourself, An Inside Job” featuring Maria Sylvester, LMSW, CPC, Certified Life Coach, and Carl Gunderson, Owner of Simply Holistic Fitness
- Location: Ann Arbor Regent Conference Center, 2455 Carpenter Rd, Ann Arbor – next to Bob Evans Restaurant (look for low building just south of the Hotel. We will have balloon markers.)
Sponsored by: The U-M Comprehensive Cancer Center Community Outreach Office and The Women’s Health Program.
When & Where
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center Community Outreach Program