FMD Raw Food Class: American Comfort Food
Saturday, September 13, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learn to make delicious, healthy versions of your summer favorites! The comfort food fare in this class will satisfy even the heartiest appetite.
In Summer Comfort Foods you will learn:
- How to make creamy non-dairy shakes.
- How to use cashews to replace sour cream in dips and dressings.
- How to use a dehydrator to make burgers out of sunflower seeds and veggies--serve with all the fixin's on a lettuce leaf bun for lunch or dinner.
- How to make healthy, low-fat onion rings that taste even better than the traditional deep fried snack.
- How shredding and marinating collards and other dark leafy greens makes them as tender as cooked, without loss of nutrients.
- How to make a classic Southern peach cobbler in less than 30 minutes.
Menu: Old-fashioned Chocolate Milkshake, Vegetable Platter with Mock Sour Cream and Chive Dip, Garden Burgers with BBQ Sauce, Coleslaw, Crispy Onion Rings, Southern Greens, Peach Cobbler
When & Where
Becca King Reed, Raw Food Chef & Teacher
Becca King Reed is a Certified Raw Food Chef and Teacher. She is a graduate of Living Light Culinary Institute, the world’s only state licensed, raw, vegan culinary school. Becca is also the creator of The Farmers Market Diet and is passionate about teaching people how to make heathy food delicious so they can enjoy vibrant health.