Please join us for the 30th Annual Legislative Forum.
The Pinellas County members of the Florida Nurses Association will meet with our Florida State Legislators to discuss issues and legislation that will directly impact nursing and patient care.
This is your opportunity to be educated about legislative issues that impact nursing, meet with your legislators and have your voice heard.
Key issues to discuss with the legislators are found in the Florida Nurses Association Legislative Platform. An additional area of interest is the legislation being considered which affects the Platform!
This event is open to all nurses, nursing students and individuals interested in the health of our state.
5:30 - 6:00 PM Registration and Networking
6:00 - 7:00 PM Buffet and CEU event
7:00 - 8:30 PM Presentation of Legislative issues
8:30 - 9:00 PM Open Forum and networking
This event includes 1 CEU for nurses, a buffet dinner, cash bar and dessert.
Below is a detail of the Florida Nurses Association Legislative Platform
FNA Legislative Platform
Protect and enhance the ability of Registered Nurses (RNs) and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARPNs) to practice to the full extent of their education and experience.
- File and actively lobby for passage of legislation to authorize ARNPs to prescribe controlled substances.
- Monitor and oppose attempts to authorize use of unlicensed providers or LPNs to perform RN functions without appropriate supervision and oversight by RNs.
- Block legislative proposals to restrict ARNPs from using their educational titles.
Support efforts to protect the rights and benefits of all state-employed health care professionals. Key provisions of this effort include:
- Oppose efforts to privatize health care services now provided by state employees.
- Protect the jobs, wages, pensions, health care coverage, and other benefits of our state employees.
Support safe practice environments for all nurses and our patients. To that end, the following actions should be taken:
- Ensure that any legislation that requires the certification of surgical technologists also protect the supervisory role of the circulating registered nurse.
- Oppose legislative efforts to reduce Medicaid reimbursements to hospitals for a third straight year, which threatens adequate staffing for nurses and compromises patient safety.
Protect and promote health-related initiatives that protect the health of Florida's residents.
Protect the authority of the Florida Board of Nursing to determine rules and regulations relating to the registered nurses' education and scope of practice.
Space is limited, so reserve your spot today!
When & Where
Florida Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses
The Florida Nurses Association is the Professional Advocacy Organization representing all professional nurses in the state of Florida.