"What do you want for your birthday?" is the question I have been hearing a lot lately (and yes, that does mean that I am about to celebrate another year).
Lately, I have been feeling a little nostalgic for my home town of Flint, MI and some of the iconic foods that I grew up eating. Whether it's the amazing Angelo's Coney Dog or the QP Deluxe with Olives, there are some things that not only make food from Flint unique, but also pretty special (and yes, I know I'm going to hear it for describing the foods from Flint that way). To make it even more fun, my parents are going to be in town for this tea as well--and what better way to welcome them to San Francisco than to feed them food from home?
These are not foods flown in from Flint, with one exception (see menu below), but they are my San Francisco influenced versions of them. For example, for the Coney Dogs, instead of Kogel's we are using all beef hot dogs from 4505 Meats.
The menu is still incomplete and I welcome and ideas that you may have to help fill in the blanks. This special Flint Favorites Afternoon Tea is only happening on Sunday, July 21, so reserve your spots today!
Flint Favorites Afternoon Tea:
Your choice of beverage:
- Faygo Red Pop
- Vernors Ginger Ale
- Fresh brewed teas (Samovar or British)
- Charles Chocolates' classic hot chocolate
A selection of freshly baked pastries:
- Dyno Bite Donuts Chocolate Old Fashioned
- Chocolate Cherry Scone - featuring dried Michigan cherries
A selection of sandwiches on local artisan breads:
- Halo Burger QP Deluxe with Olives - 4505 Meats ground beef on a Panorama bun
- Angelo's Coney Dog - Authenic Coney sauce (flown in from Flint) on a 4505 Meats all beef hot dog, onions and mustard
- PX BBQ Riblet
(Vegetarian options are available when requested at time of reservation)
A selection of decadent desserts:
- Bill Knapp's Chocolate Celebration Cake (hot fudge ice cream style on request)
- Sanders Hot Fudge Sauce (for the ice cream cake)
Price: $36.50 per person (includes 8.75% sales tax)
Flint Favorites Afternoon Tea & Chocolate:
The entire menu listed above, plus a 10-piece box of our Classic Collection chocolates to take home
Price: $52.50 per person (includes 8.75% sales tax)
We will be offering our tea service on Sundays and Mondays at 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm. If you would like to see a listing of all available dates and times, click here.
You may make reservations online up to 18 hours in advance. For groups of 16 or more, please email email@example.com to inquire about available dates and times.