Each month, we're bringing you flights and bites: Educational beer and food pairings at the brewery.
In March, we welcome Master Chocolatier Randy Olmstead, owner of the Perfect Truffle in downtown Frederick, Maryland.
For just $10, you will get four beer and chocolate pairings, learn how each are made, and experience why they work so well together. Plus, additional beer and chocolate will be available for purchase after the event.
Only 30 tickets are available for each class, so reserve your spot now.
About Randy Olmstead and The Perfect Truffle:
Located in Frederick, Maryland, The Perfect Truffle is the winner of the 2012 People’s Choice Award for Best Chocolate in Frederick.
Chef/Owner Randy Olmstead received his formal pastry arts training at L’Academie de Cuisine as well as studying under:
- Roland Mesnier (former Executive Pastry Chef of the White House)
- Jean-Pierre Wybauw (Master Chocolatier of Belgium)
- Mark Ramsdell (Executive Pastry Chef, L’Academie de Cuisine)
- Ewald Notter (International School of Confectionary Arts and Gold medal recipient, US World Pastry Cup Team 2001)
- Chris Hanmer (Bronze medal recipient, Inniskillin Icewine National Pastry Team Championship 2003, overall Gold Medal recipient 2004 World Pastry Team championship)
The chocolates Olmstead uses in the making of his award-winning truffles are imported from Switzerland, France, and Belgium.