Fleet Feet Sports Scavenger Run (August 16)
Thursday, August 16, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join your friends from Fleet Feet Sports for a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood. Over a 60 minute period, using a free iPhone App from Lavahound, you will locate some of the most famous locations in the Marina, Presidio, Cow Hollow and Fisherman's Wharf. The more you find the more points you score. The harder the locations are to find or get to, the more points they will be worth. The more points you score, the better chance you have at winning entries into the Nike Women's Marathon.
The Scavenger Run will be limited to 24 teams of 2 runners each. Each team must have one iPhone between them to use the application and keep track of the locations you find. The teams can be all female, all male, or co-ed. There are prizes for each team category
August 16th at 6:30pm (We will begin with 15 minutes to download the app and set up your profile for the game.) The scavenger will last 60 minutes.
Fleet Feet Sports - San Francisco
2076 Chestnut St @ Steiner St
- 2 People per team
- 1 iPhone (any version) per team
- Dress to run, it's a competition!
Rules of the Game:
You will be able to use the GPS on your iPhone, through the app, to find locations on the map. The locations will also be identified by photographs that you may recognize.
- Each location is given a value based on how far away it is from our store. Once you find the location you will be able to unlock the points on the app. You can only unlock a location once during the game.
- You won't be able to unlock all of the locations in 60 minutes, so you'll have to chose your route wisely to achieve the best score possible.
- There is a scoreboard on the app as well, that will keep a real-time score for the teams competing.
- You have to walk or run the entire time, no bikes, cars, Muni etc.
- The scoring features on the app will automatically turn off after the 60 minutes.
- In the event of a tie the participants will take a quiz based on product knowledge of the prizes. The answers to the quiz will be on our social media pages.
- Have fun and get creative.
- The registration fee per team is $20
- The Scavenger Run is limited to 24 teams of 2
- All Female Team
- All Male Team
- Co-Ed Team
- The top 2 teams in each of the three categories will all win entries into the Nike Women's Half or Full Marathon.