This is the first of 3 programs scheduled on the topic of geo-engineering.
The series is titled:
THE ETHICS OF COOLING THE PLANET THROUGH GEO-ENGINEERING
Five Hard Questions about Geo-Engineering a Cooler Planet
Attempts by scientists to find ways of reversing global warming are real, and so are the ethical questions about manipulating nature for human benefit.
Dr. Moellendorf will address this topic from the intersection of science and philosophy by leading the audience in discussing five moral concerns:
- Is geo-engineering playing God?
- How do we deal with the fact that our knowledge is limited?
- How should geo-engineering be governed?
- Who has the right to intentionally alter the earth's climate?
- Does investment in geo-engineering create a moral hazard?