FIRST BITE, hosted by Lauren Cerand
Monday, August 18, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come by and hear the authors of a few of fall's freshest and most-anticipated new books read their first pages--just the first bite. The inimitable Lauren Cerand is doing double-duty, curating the readings and hosting us for the evening. The bar will be open and snacks will be provided for the peckish... fun starts at 7, readings start at 7:30. Joining us are:
- BRIDGETT M. DAVIS (INTO THE GO-SLOW, Feminist Press, September)
- PATRICK HOFFMAN (THE WHITE VAN, Grove/Atlantic, September)
- SAEED JONES (PRELUDE TO BRUISE, Coffee House Press, September)
- ATTICUS LISH (PREPARATION FOR THE NEXT LIFE, Tyrant Books, November)
- EMILY ST. JOHN MANDEL (STATION ELEVEN, Knopf, September)
- RONNA WINEBERG (ON BITTERSWEET PLACE, Relegation Books, September)
There will be no books for sale. You're encouraged to introduce yourself to the writers, find out about their upcoming launch events, and, if you fall in love, pre-order the book(s) from your favorite independent bookstore.
RSVP here or on the event's facebook page.
Come join us.
When & Where
Contrada is a neighborhood restaurant in the East Village committed to the idea of conviviality. We believe in the power of friends and even strangers coming together around a table--for food, for wine, for the exchange of ideas and the airing of dreams, for long talks that stretch into the night. Our food is Italian; our wine is Mediterranean; and our guests are eclectic--theater-goers, foodies, readers and writers, artists, climbers, bon vivants of all kinds.