First Annual Volunteer Party and Chili Cook-off
Thursday, March 21, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Mountain View, CA
From valet bike parking at events, to stuffing envelopes, to answering questions at our Bike to Work Day energizer stations, volunteers are the heart of SVBC.
Join us for a special party honoring the volunteers who made it all possible in 2012. We’ll also kick-off the warm season with sign-ups for volunteer opportunities for 2013. Never volunteered with SVBC, but have special skills you’d like to share to promote bicycling in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties? Don’t miss this FREE event!
Enter Our Chili Cook-Off Contest
Do you have a hot-shot chili recipe? Bring a pot of your finest to share and compete for prizes and bragging rights in one of our six categories:
- Best cornbread
- To enter, select a chili category when you register for the event. We reserve the right to limit number of entries per category so enter today!
- Your chili should arrive at the party ready to serve, preferably in an electric-heated pot. Electric power will be available to keep your chili warm.
- Please cook enough to give at least 60 people a ¼ cup taste (minimum 15 cups or 4 quarts). The more tastes, the more potential votes.
- Vegetarian entries should not contain any meat products, including broth. Dairy products are okay for this category.
- Be prepared to list any ingredients that are common allergens (i.e. milk, wheat, eggs, nuts).
- Winners will be determined by party attendees, not culinary experts. We’re all judges in this contest!
- Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at the end of the party. We promise it will be something you can use!
- Get creative! Dishes that are interesting as well as tasty have a strong advantage.