San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
First Agricultural Conference of the Baltic Sea Region
Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development in the BSR:
How to facilitate the ecoinnovation
and sustainable development in agriculture?
21 March 2013,
St. Petersburg, Russia
Place: Park Inn Pribaltiyskaya Hotel
Hall «Red 11»
AIMS OF THE CONFERENCE:
1. To specify the requirements of Russian agricultural industry in foreign agritechnologies and solutions.
2. To consider the sustainable agri-environmental measures, solutions and technologies, elaborated in
the Baltic Sea Region in the recent 2 years.
3. To discuss the most effective way of organization and realization of the new project on transferring of
the foreign agritechnologies into the agricultural industry of Russia.
4. The conference should become the instrument of raising awareness of the industry specialists about
the new technologies and best practical experience elaborated and used in the Baltic Sea Region.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE PERTICIPANTS:
1. To find out about opportunities of using new agritechnologies and solutions.
2. To consider the opportunity to participate in the new project on transferring of the foreign
agritechnologies into Russian agricultural industry.
Within the conference the previous experience of transferring of agricultural technologies
elaborated in the Baltic Sea region into the agricultural industry of North - Western region of Russia will be analyzed. There will be considered the questions of institutional/infrastructural support of the agricultural transferring: business planning, attraction financing, promotion of awareness, knowledge and skills of the specialists in using of new technologies and solutions.
On the base of decisions elaborated during the conference the new project will be designed and
initiated the new project on transferring of the foreign agritechnologies into the Russian agricultural
enterprises and farms