Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NOTE: This Kid's Q event is July 7th, 2013 at 10:00am and will last until around 1:00pm
Awards will be presented around 5:00pm.
- See the www.firinupthefox.com website for schedule
- All competitors will be provided a disposable grill, a pork steak, and a 9”x9” Styrofoam turn-in container. The lid must close.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: APPEARANCE, TASTE AND TENDERNESS.
- Contest entries should contain enough to be divided into six samples either by the contestant or at the judging table.
- ADULTS ARE LIMITED TO: Use of knives and lighting of the fire.
- Cooking will be monitored by KCBS representatives and volunteers.
- Cooking will be done with charcoal, wood, or pellets. No propane or electric grills or smokers.
- Garnish will be added at the discretion of the contestant. NOTE: Lid must close on provided container.
- NOTE: Official clock is located at the check-in table. The contestant has a 10 minute window, 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after - the specified turn in time. Clean-up is from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30p.m. Clean up your site and remove all items from the area. There is a designated barrel for ashes and another designated for throw away items (trash).
- Each contestant is to furnish their own cooking utensils, spices/rubs, and garnishes.
- Kid’s Q cooks meeting is Sunday, July 7th at 11:20am – Sharp. Please be on time! Adult must be present with each contestant! Cooking may begin immediately following the meeting.
- Provided meat will be the only product to be cooked.
- All cooking must take place at the designated Kid’s Q area.
- No alcohol, pets, or public sampling allowed in Kid’s Q area
- Ribbons will be awarded to all contestants
- 1st Place in each category wins $50, 2nd Place in each category wins $40, and 3rd Place in each category wins $30
- We reserve the right to adjust the age group categories to evenly distribute contestants.
Waiver of Liability
In consideration of Firin’ Up The Fox accepting this application, I the undersigned, understand to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators and herby release any and all rights and claims for damage I may have against the Kansas City Barbeque Society, City of St. Charles, contest organizers, volunteers, sponsors, their agents successors & assigns for any and all injuries suffered by me and/or my team in this event. I also hereby grant full permission to the Kansas City Barbeque Society, Firin' Up the Fox, or their assigned agents authorized to use any photographs, video tape, motion pictures, sound recordings and any other record of this event for any purpose now or in the future without compensation.
By purchasing a ticket, I and my team agree to adhere to the rules of this competition and fully understand the terms of the “Waiver of Liability” above.