San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
IIT Mentors Program Presents:
Fireside Chat with Alok Mohan
Monday, March 9, 2015, 6:30pm - 9:00pm
141 South Murphy Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Space limited to 15 prospective mentees only! Previous events were sold out. Please note that you need to have studied in one of the IIT's to attend this event.
See the Attendee List at the bottom of the page
You are invited to an exclusive opportunity to a fireside chat with a distinguished IIT alum, Alok Mohan. Alok's brief bio is attached below. The purpose of this Q&A type session is to provide an opportunity to our Bay Area alumni to discuss entrepreneurship and corporate career issues in an intimate setting. Alok has played key roles in the corporate world and then as an entrepreneur. In addition, for past several years, Alok has been advising many companies as a board member. He will talk about lessons learnt and what he wished he had known earlier in life. The format is an open setting and will provide our alumni to hear insights from Alok. To make the event very interactive, we are limiting seating to the first 15 alumni who register.
We request that you submit two or three questions for Alok, as you register for the event. This will help with the discussion during the chat.
- 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Registration and dinner
- 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM Q & A with the Alok
- 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM Networking
- 9:00 PM Adjourn
- Over 30 years of Management experience in the High Tech Industry covering hardware, software and services. Served as CEO and held senior executive positions in line and staff functions
- Over 15 years experience serving on various Boards of public and private Companies
- Served on Audit committees as a ‘finance expert’; relevant finance background
- Strong focus on the economics of taking product to market and the associated sales motions and required marketing activities
- Extensive experience in M&A directly involved in over 25 buy and sell transactions of Companies or Divisions
- Helped start-up and early stage technology Companies in Silicon Valley
- Served on various Public and Private Company Boards including WSO2 Inc 2008 - present, Saama Technologies Inc 2006 – 2013, Crystal Graphics, Inc 1998 – present, Rainmaker Inc. (Nasdaq: RMKR) 1996 – 2011 (Chairman), TechTeam Global Inc. (Nasdaq: TEAM) 2006 – 2009 (Chairman), SCO Inc. (Nasdaq: SCOC) 1995 – 2001, Tarantella Inc. (Nasdaq: TTLA) 2001 – 2006 (Chairman), MTC Inc., Alpine Microsystems Inc., Stampede and others.
- Advisory Board member to various Companies.
- SCO Inc. (Nasdaq: SCOC) 1994 – 1998
- NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) 1972 – 1994
- Vice President & General Manager, Workstation Products Division
- Vice President, Strategic Planning and Controller
- Various other positions
- MBA in Finance 1972 , Indiana University
- BE in Mechanical Engineering 1969, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India