Please join us at the Mozilla Office on Saturday January 26, to learn, hack and celebrate the Firefox OS, Mozilla's open source operating system for the mobile web.
John Karahalis (@openjck) will give an overview and brief introduction to Firefox OS
This App Day is not a competition; it's an opportunity to start creating mobile apps for Firefox Marketplace and the coming Firefox OS phone. It's also a great opportunity to demo your project for an audience of peers, as well tech leaders and innovators.
We'll introduce you to the tools you need to get started.
Look forward to seeing you.
What to bring:
Bring your Linux, Mac or Windows development machine and device(s). We will provide everything else.
What to build:
Apps. Apps. Apps. The Firefox Marketplace is looking for open web apps that work well on mobile for Firefox OS and Firefox for Android. But we're interested in all kinds of web apps. You can bring an HTML5 app that you’ve started and want to continue, finish, polish, or just present.
How to get started now (optional):
- Introduction to Firefox OS
- Firefox OS Docs
- Firefox Apps Docs
- Firefox Marketplace Developer Hub
- Firefox OS Simulator
- 9:30am - Registration open, breakfast, set-up (1hr)
- 10:30am - Event start, introduction by Regnard Raquedan (10 mins)
- 10:40am - John Karahalis: Why I care about Firefox OS (20 minutes)
- 11:00am - Jennifer Fong-Adwent & Jonathan Lin: Creating Apps for Firefox OS (2 hrs)
- 1:00pm - Hacking start & working lunch start (4 hrs)
- 5:00pm - Juan Luis Suarez & Javier de la Rosa: Dr. Glearning, the FxOS app for the most effective homework (30 mins)
- 5:30pm - Participants demos - target 8 demos, ~5 minutes each - (40 mins)
- 6:15pm - Awards/raffle (15 mins)
- 6:30pm - Ending message (10 mins)
- 7:00pm - People move to The Charlotte Room for drinks
- 9pm - Official event close (but people can stay on for drinks)