Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Calling developers, designers and entrepreneurs for a day-long event hosted by Mozilla and Deutsche Telekom's Silicon Valley Innovation Center.
Please join Deutsche Telekom and Mozilla at the Computer History Museum on Saturday January 19, to learn, hack and celebrate the Firefox OS, Mozilla's open source operating system for the mobile web.
Technologists from Mozilla and Deutsche Telekom will describe the technologies built to extend and support the new platform. Experts will be on hand to answer questions from hackers.
This App Day is not a competition; it's an opportunity to start creating mobile apps for Firefox Marketplace and the coming Firefox OS phone. It's also a great opportunity to demo your project for an audience of peers, as well tech leaders and innovators from Mozilla, Deutsche Telecom and the Silicon Valley community.
We'll introduce you to the tools you need to get started.
Look forward to seeing you.
What to bring:
Bring your Linux, Mac or Windows development machine and device(s). We will provide everything else.
What to build:
The Firefox Marketplace is looking for open web apps that work well on mobile for Firefox OS and Firefox for Android. But we're interested in all kinds of web apps. You can bring an HTML5 app that you’ve started and want to continue, finish, polish, or just present.
How to get started now (optional):
- Introduction to Firefox OS
- Firefox OS Docs
- Firefox Apps Docs
- Firefox Marketplace Developer Hub
- Firefox OS Simulator
- 8:30am - 9:00am. Registration. Coffee, light breakfast.
- 9:00am - 9:25am. Deutsche Telekom Who?, Lou Schreier, VP, Portfolio Development and Technology Innovation, Deutsche Telekom, Silicon Valley Innovation Center
- 9:25 - 9:45. "T-Mobile" a case study of the "Un-Carrier", Michael Niemann, Director, Strategic Planning & New Business Development, T-Mobile US
- 10:00am - 10:30am. Introduction to Firefox OS, Andreas Gal, Director of R & D, Mozilla
- 10:30am - 11:15am. Building Apps for Firefox Marketplace, Matthew "Potch" Claypotch, Firefox Marketplace Developer
- 11:15am - 11:45am. Design Patterns & Best Practices for Mobile Apps, Maureen Hanratty, Interaction Designer, Firefox Marketplace
- 11:45 - 12:00. Announcements.
- 12:00 - 1:00pm Lunch.
- 1-5pm: App Hacking
- 5:30pm -7pm: Demos & Drinks.