Firefox OS and Mozilla Developer Network event
Monday, November 12, 2012 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (SGT)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Web developers! Please join Mozilla's Developer Engagement team on Monday, 12 November for a fun and informative evening; featuring talks by friendly folks from the UK, US, and Canada. We’ll be speaking on Firefox OS, HTML5 Apps & Games, Firefox Addons, Open Web documentation, and also hosting talks on a variety of subjects by the local Mozilla community.
What to expect:
We'll open with talks on some of the key technology projects we work on. We'll give you an idea of what the Mozilla Developer Network is all about. By the time we are finished you should have a good understanding of:
- Firefox OS
- HTML5 Games & Apps
- Firefox Addons & Developer Tools
- How to contribute to and localize Open Web Developer Documentation
After the talks, hang out and chat about web development, Mozilla, or anything that strikes your fancy- we're all pretty excited about being in Kuala Lumpur!
- Snacks and drinks
- Wifi, AC power
What you'll need:
- lots of questions & a passion for web development!
Jeff Griffiths (Vancouver, Canada) - Add-ons SDK (Jetpack)
Ali Spivak (San Francisco, USA) - MDN Product Manager
Matthew MacPherson (Montreal, Canada) -
Community lightning talks:
Mohammad Aidid Mohd Jaafar,
Who else will be there:
Arky - Community Building Mozilla
When & Where
Mozilla Developer Engagement Team
The Websites & Developer Engagement community serves the Mozilla mission by promoting open Web-related technologies to developers:
- We work with product teams to communicate how developers benefit from Mozilla products and open technologies, to achieve our mission and product plans.
- We provide information, examples, and direct interaction, online and at events, so that developers (within Mozilla and in the broader Web community) understand and adopt open technologies and products.
- We foster the capabilities of Mozillians to communicate about Mozilla's initiatives and values to developers, so that Mozilla's developer community can grow.