This class takes place on Wednesday evenings over 10- weeks
from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Please mark your calendar and plan to attend all the class dates below:
October 5, 12, 19 & 26
November 2, 9., 16 & 30 (note, there is no class on Wednesday, November 23rd)
December 7 & 14
This course is designed to provide 20-hours of continuing education towards your 3-year, 32-hour recertification requirements. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to fire alarm fundamentals and circuitry
- Fire alarm codes and requirements.
- How to determine codes requirements using IBC, NFC, NFPA 72, NFPA 101, California Building Code & California Fire Codes
- Local authorities who have jurisdiction
- Permitting with local authorities having jurisdiction
- Phase I Fire Protection Interconnect Standards for Wiring
- Fire alarm systems and sprinkler monitoring
- fire alarm systems wiring practices, Phase II
- Fire alarm design requirements
- Service testing and maintenance practices
- Project building practices, NICET standards
- Value engineering existing and new construction to please customer's budgets and life safety
- Interface with mechanical contractors related to global shutdown of the HVAC system, ie. duct detectors
- Course review and open final exam
There will be an open exam at the end of each class. This exam will be graded in class as "participation" and will not be recorded. Weekly exams are for review and knowledge of what was covered.
Fire alarm security equipment will be available for hands-on learning and to visualize the material being covered.
Are you Tuition covered? If so, please call Judy at (858) 513-4700 to register.
CANCELLATION POLICY: To receive a refund, you must provide 72 business-hours notice of cancellation. If you are tuition-covered, PLEASE NOTE your training funds can only pay for your tuition if you attend the entire class and receive your certificate. If you do not cancel within the required time or do not show up for or complete the course, you or your company (whoever registers you for the course) will be responsible for the full tuition.
Please call Judy at (858) 513-4700 if you have any questions.
Class parking is located in the lot behind the building. If the gate (to the right of the building) is open, please park in back.
Save This Event
When & Where
ABC San Diego Chapter Training
ABC, Inc. provides quality in-class and on-line training for Construction and General Industry businesses and their employees. We offer a wide range of Safety, Trade and Leadership classes and seminars. Our classes can be customized for your company and held on your site or ours. Please contact us at (858) 513-4700 for more information.
If you are an ABC member contributing to the Training Fund, you may be eligible for tuition coverage. Please contact Judy at (858) 513-4700 to see if you qualify.
To find out the benefits of ABC membership, contact Scott Crosby at Scott@abcsd.org.