Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
We've had an intersting application season thus far and it's time to get back on track and take advantage of our momentum once again!!
You are highly encouraged to attend this important meeting on Saturday, January 12th. We ask that at least one parent accompany each referred applicant to this event. We encourage you to devote this two hours to your student and try your best to leave additional siblings at home.
In this session we will talk about which schools each applicant has been matched with, what to expect during this next step in the process and important tips on how to be successful in closing the deal with a member school. Remember, you don’t officially become a part of our program until you reach “Phase 3” and sign a contract with one of our member schools, so the journey isn’t quite done yet.
A Better Chance Southwest Region
Finishing Strong Referral Night 2013 – Meeting Agenda
* How many students have been accepted
* January – the boarding and day school process
* School preferences vs. qualifications
Important Points about the Process
* Must follow simple instructions well
* My office is the most important point of contact
* Contact us before making any final decisions
* Must handle communication well
** respond to e-mail/calls immediately
** Who is answering your phone/checking your mail?
What lies ahead
* What have you seen so far – Applicant families
* What the schools have to offer - Testimonials
* The Interview/Visit process - Mock Interviews
* The importance of thank-you notes
* Make sure applications and financial aid information is complete at each school
Questions and Answers
File Status Review
When & Where
A Better Chance, Southwest Region
Since 1963, A Better Chance has been opening the door to educational opportunities for thousands of young people of color in this nation. Our mission is to increase substantially the number of well-educated young people of color who are capable of assuming positions of responsibility and leadership in American society. We carry out our mission through our signature College Preparatory Schools Program (“CPSP”), which annually recruits, refers and supports about 500 A Better Chance Scholars at more than 300 of the nation’s leading boarding, day and public schools.